Details of Stage 4 of the race was released ahead of the other stages of the first race of the UCI WorldTour calendar being announced on Monday 14 July.
The stage will take riders 152km from the beachside suburb of Glenelg in the southwest of Adelaide up a southern route into the Adelaide Hills to finish for the first time at Mt Barker.
Cycling enthusiasts will be able to tackle all or parts of the route in the Bupa Challenge the morning of 23 January 2015, just before the professionals ride.
Last year more than 6000 riders took part in the Bupa Challnge, with a third of them coming from interstate and overseas, according to South Australia Tourism Minister Leon Bignell.
“With the route for the Bupa Challenge Tour close to Adelaide, we’re hoping for a record number of cyclists,” he said.
The release of the route coincides with confirmation that the first stage of the UCI WorldTour will remain in South Australia until at least 2016.
South Australian Premier Jay Weatherall said the state had been issued a new two-year UCI WorldTour Licence and would be negotiating further years when he visits the UCI at the Tour de France later in the month.
Entries for the Bupa Challenge are now open.Jump to next article